Monday, June 26, 2006

If you ain't got no swing...

Quick comment before I start off - JS, is it possible that astute Red Sox fans, as a rip on Myers went out and scralled Myers number on a wife beater as a comment on Myers as a wife beater, and not in support of him? That sounds very much like a Red Sox fan. Don't know, wasn't there, don't know who they were cheering for. Hope that makes a difference in your view. If not...

Anyway, it is raining down here in DC. I know we haven't had anything like those folks up north, but it is that dreary weather that makes you want to sit inside, all wrapped up, drink cocoa, and watch the Notebook. Not really. But it does certainly take a bite out of you.

Speaking of DC, great town. Love it. Got a zoo right around the corner from my house. Restaurants down the street, cathedral up the street. What else could you want? When my new boy arrives (due in September) I will get his little ass to the zoo. I am hoping that will provide hours of entertainment. By the way, going to call my boy Little Papi, in honor of Big Papi who got a game winning hit. Again. Two blogs in a row, two big hits in a row? Big Papi is the man. So, it has been a long day - had to clean up my condo's flooded basement until 1 in the morning. So in a piss-poor mood today. Game certainly didn't help after Sox go up by six and Rudy, the big f'ing choke, comes in to almost give up an inside the park homer - INSIDE THE PARK HOMER - in Fenway, mind you. Got to give it to him though, when he f's up, he does it with style. I mean does Julian Tavarez and Rudy take turn sucking? Can they both not suck on the same day? Anyway, I digress. So the game wasn't helping my mood, especially after Crisp hits a leadoff double and they can't even move him over, for C's sake. Then money Youk comes up, then money Papi. I am liking this little streak of 9 games.

Here's hoping the streak continues, the fans cheer Martinez, then steal all his mangoes, and sweep the Mets.

1 comment:

Aaron_Strout said...

Brother my... at long last. Nice to see your words up there in bright lights. Great post -- nice diatribe on the brothers Suck (Seanez and Tavarez). Keep up the good work!